Hook Arts Media Seeks Community Outreach Coordinator for Red Hook Fest
Hook Arts Media (HAM) is a community cultural organization located on the Red Hook, Brooklyn waterfront. For 27 years, HAM has produced the annual Red Hook Fest, a much-beloved local cultural tradition, now in its 28th year.
HAM is seeking a Community Outreach Coordinator for the 28th Annual Red Hook Fest, a four-day arts festival during the first two weeks of June featuring top talent in music and dance in the community of Red Hook, Brooklyn.
- Work with HAM staff to develop a local outreach plan
- In person flyering in the community during the two weeks before festival begins
- Posting posters in storefronts and businesses two weeks prior to festival
- Supervising a team of local community members to assist with flyering and other outreach
- Coordinate community tabling at events to provide information on local resources and vaccination information
- Attend up to 4 virtual production meetings with festival production staff
- Attend all four Red Hook Fest events to assist: June 4th, 3 pm-6 pm, June 5th, 4pm- 7 pm, June 5th, 3 pm-6 pm, and June 12th, 4 pm- 7 pm.
- Red Hook resident or previous experience working in the Red Hook community
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Good communication skills
- Previous community organizing experience preferred
- Access to Internet, computer and smartphone
- Comfortable working in person following COVID safety protocols, and willing to walk through neighborhood as needed
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
Start Date: April 15th, 2021
End Date: June 15, 2021
Use the form below to submit your application with our resume and 1-2 references.
Fill Out the Form Below to Apply for Open Positions
Work with Us!
About Hook Arts Media
Originally known as Dance Theatre Etcetera, DTE achieved national acclaim for making the arts a critical component of urban renewal as well as its recovery efforts in Red Hook, Brooklyn. As the organization evolved, DTE rebranded as Hook Arts Media. This new identity reflects its focus on creative learning for community change, incorporating 21st-century technology into its arts education programs.
Hook Arts Media’s in-school multidisciplinary media and arts programs primarily serve NYC transfer high schools. Its community programs focus on digital media and computer literacy, preparing young people with college and/or career-readiness skills.
Stay in Touch
Never miss an update about other openings and opportunities at Hook Arts Media. Subscribe to our email list to stay in the know.