Now Hiring: Associate Producer for Red Hook Fest
Hook Arts Media (HAM) is seeking an Associate Producer for the 28th Annual Red Hook Fest, a multi-day arts festival during the first two weeks of June featuring top talent in music and dance in the community of Red Hook, Brooklyn.
- Handle all aspects of festival production with special attention to necessary COVID-19 safety guidelines
- Manage Festival budget
- Meet bi-monthly with Executive Producer
- Work with Technical Director to assure smooth running of event
- Handle all permitting as necessary, community relations, police permits and FDNY
- Lead monthly production meetings March-June
- Handle all equipment rentals in collaboration with Technical Director
- Collaborate with HAM Marketing Director and local outreach staff on event marketing
- Supervise staff handling youth groups and community partners
- Creating and maintaining Productions Schedules and Show Flows
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong work ethic and ability to commit to the event’s mission and values.
- Exceptional attention to detail, excellent time management skills, and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- Strong computer skills especially in Excel
- Previous experience in outdoor event production
- Ability to work effectively with diverse constituents
Interested applicants should email their resumes with contact information for 3 references to Executive Director Martha Bowers Martha@hookarts.org no later than February 15, 2021 with RHF Associate Producer_Your Name in subject line. No phone calls, please.
Start Date March 1, 2021- June 30, 2021 Part Time: Approximately 2-6 hrs per week, up to 12 hours during weeks of festival events.
Salary commensurate with experience. $3,500-$4000
About Hook Arts Media
Originally known as Dance Theatre Etcetera, DTE achieved national acclaim for making the arts a critical component of urban renewal as well as its recovery efforts in Red Hook, Brooklyn. As the organization evolved, DTE rebranded as Hook Arts Media. This new identity reflects its focus on creative learning for community change, incorporating 21st-century technology into its arts education programs.
Hook Arts Media’s in-school multidisciplinary media and arts programs primarily serve NYC transfer high schools. Its community programs focus on digital media and computer literacy, preparing young people with college and/or career-readiness skills.
Stay in Touch
Never miss an update about other openings and opportunities at Hook Arts Media. Subscribe to our email list to stay in the know.
Subscribe for exclusive updates, offers, and services.
Keep Up with Hook Arts Media