Hook Arts Media seeks an Office Manager/Administrative Assistant
Founded in 1994, Hook Arts Media is a vibrant community-based, multi-disciplinary arts organization located on the beautiful Red Hook, Brooklyn waterfront. HAM currently runs year-round arts education programs at high needs public high schools as well onsite and offsite after-school and community programs for ages 12-24, serving upwards of 700 students annually. In addition, HAM produces the annual Red Hook Fest each June – a free outdoor performing arts festival that features world-class artists as well performances by over 100 local youth – and pop-up performances in support of community initiatives.
HAM is seeking an Office Manager/Administrative Assistant to join our team. The position is part-time and based in HAM’s Red Hook offices. This is a 21-hour a week position with some options for remote work.
The Office Manager/Administrative Assistant will work closely with the Executive Director and Hook Arts core staff, and will play a large role in maintaining office operations and providing support to the Executive Director. As a lead member of the staff, the Office Manager/Administrative Assistant will ensure the office operations all run smoothly. This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Track, scan, file, and send all bills, invoices, receipts for credit card purchases, and Petty Cash to Finance Consultants
- Track credit card receipts for reconciliations
- Assist with preparation of annual audit
- Office Management
- Track/order office and maintenance supplies and equipment
- Assist with Covid-19 safety protocols in office
- Purchase supplies and equipment for all programs
- Track all equipment/computer purchases and track against appropriate grants
- Work with IT consultants for any issues that arise
- Supervise and assist with office cleaning and organization as needed.
- Answer phone and all voicemail
- Work with Marketing to track all individual donations
- Assist with database updates
- Prepare and track Thank You letters for individual donations.
- Assist with planning and production of public events, including the Red Hook Fest and Education Program events
- Assist with planning and production of fundraising and cultivation events, including annual holiday party and/or gala
- Attend weekly staff meetings and provide status updates
- Handle communications and scheduling of meetings with Board of Directors
- Additional phone calling and emails to attend to daily management of organization.
Qualifications and Skills
Candidate must be highly organized, have strong writing & communication skills, and have excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office. Strong preference for candidates with at least 5 years experience in operations management within the NYC cultural sector.
Compensation and Benefits
Pay is commensurate with experience. $25-$30 per hour. 21 hours per week plus up to 32 additional hours to be used to attend and assist with Hook Arts events, approximately 6 events annually. Three weeks paid vacation which includes the week between Christmas and New Year off.
Position is available March 2022.
Residents of Red Hook and the surrounding neighborhood strongly encouraged to apply.
To be considered, please apply with your resume, cover letter, and at least 3 references via the form below. Please attach your paperwork with your name in the file name i.e Jane Doe_Resume
Fill Out the Form Below to Apply
Work with Us!
About Hook Arts Media
Originally known as Dance Theatre Etcetera, DTE achieved national acclaim for making the arts a critical component of urban renewal as well as its recovery efforts in Red Hook, Brooklyn. As the organization evolved, DTE rebranded as Hook Arts Media. This new identity reflects its focus on creative learning for community change, incorporating 21st-century technology into its arts education programs.
Hook Arts Media’s in-school multidisciplinary media and arts programs primarily serve NYC transfer high schools. Its community programs focus on digital media and computer literacy, preparing young people with college and/or career-readiness skills.
Stay in Touch
Never miss an update about other openings and opportunities at Hook Arts Media. Subscribe to our email list to stay in the know.