Hook Arts Media is happy to announce the new Digital Connections program, which will launch in June 2019. Digital Connections is the result of Hook Arts Media’s growing filmmaking programs to create a unique opportunity to nurture emerging filmmakers, expand their skills and network, and eventually help them find employment in NYC’s growing film industry.
Digital Connections 2019-2020 is no longer accepting applications.
From summer 2019 through Spring 2020, 4 students will improve their digital filmmaking skills while building their portfolios, receiving teaching artist training, and growing their professional networks toward the goal of employment in NYC’s growing film industry. With regular meetings in Red Hook, digital media teaching artist placements throughout Brooklyn, and site visits throughout the city, Hook Arts Media’s Digital Connections students will get an expansive introduction to the city’s filmmaking opportunities.
All Digital Connections students will be paid an hourly minimum wage while participating in the program.
- Applicants must be between 18-26 years of age when they apply.
- Applicants must have some digital filmmaking experience.
- Applicants must be willing to commit to the program from Summer 2019 to Spring of 2020.
How to Apply
- Click the button below, and fill out the form.
- Include a link to a film you’ve worked on (i.e. edited, shot, produced, directed, etc)
- If you have any questions, email Media@HookArts.org