Introducing Today’s Industry to the Next Generation of Filmmakers
Hook Arts Media seeks professionals working in the film industry to join its Film Advisory Board.
Hook Arts Media’s community filmmaking programs are peerless workforce development initiatives that prepare teens and young adults for every step in the film production process. Our students receive hands-on training with professional equipment and software along with the guidance of working filmmakers via teaching artists, internship hosts, and professional networks.
Participants in our most advanced filmmaking program, Digital Connections, create original films, complete film internships, and leave the program ready for full-time work in the film industry.
If you’re interested in joining the Film Advisory Board and would like to learn more, click the link below and include Film Advisory Board in the subject line of your email.
What to Expect
Film Advisory Board Membership
Ideal Candidates Include:
- Professionals whose work intersects with the film industry (entertainment lawyers, PR agents, etc)
- Attend 2-4 relevant meetings each year
- Visit HAM programs and/or events
- Advise on program development
- Introduce HAM students and alumni to employment opportunities
- Raise awareness
- Contribute to and circulate fundraising efforts
- Share your expertise
- Access to interns and entry-level workers
- Be at the bleeding edge of two central issues: diversifying the labor force and increasing accessibility to film workforce training programs
Hook Arts Media students report that our programs not only expand their education and career opportunities but also deepen their engagement in current programs.
100% of recent Film Fellows have secured employment after completing the program.
Exposure to Technology + Techniques
More than 85% of all HAM film students are introduced to new equipment, software, and technology through our programs.
More than 75% of our summer Digital Boot Camp students are introduced to new career and educational opportunities in the program.
Sponsor a Film Student
Every year, dozens of young people apply to our after-school and summer film programs. Unfortunately, with our limited resources, we always have to turn away talented young people. Sponsor a student today so that we can accept another future filmmaker to our programs. Every young person deserves to tell their story.