Hook Arts Media® offers vital in-school, after-school, and community-based performing and media arts education programs. Our staff and teaching artists work closely with schools to design partnerships that meet student and site needs. Hook Arts Media programs can be as short as 3-day pilot programs, to trimester or semester-long programs, to year-long programs.
Education Programs that Impact
We all know how vital arts and media education are. In an economy increasingly dependent on creativity, collaboration, and multimedia we are uniquely situated to help young people activate their education into career opportunities.
Over 80% of Hook Arts Media students report that Hook Arts Media classes increase their commitment to timely attendance.
Career & College Development
Over 60% of Hook Arts Media students learn skills they plan to use to gain entry into their industry of interest.
Culturally-Informed + Trauma-Informed Educators
Our educators have been trained in the cutting-edge techniques to use distance learning software and integrate culturally responsive and trauma-informed pedagogy into both online and in-person learning spaces.
An Outlet in Stressful Times
Art-making, self-expression, and multimedia can decrease the negative impact of cortisol (the “stress hormone”) while increasing serotonin and dopamine production (the hormones key to stable, happy moods). In such challenging times, our programming can give young people that vital outlet where so few others currently exist.
The Data Speaks for Itself
“… youth of low socioeconomic status with a history of high arts engagement had better grades and higher college enrollment and attainment rates than youth without such involvement. In addition, the NEA found that high school students who had in-depth arts engagement:
- Had higher GPAs than students with low levels of arts engagement;
- Enrolled at higher rates in competitive and four-year colleges than low-arts-engaged students; and
- Were three times more likely than their arts poor peers to earn a bachelor’s degree”*
Hook Arts Media offers in-school and after-school arts programs that can vary in length. In addition to trimester and semester-long programming, we also offer “pilot sessions” from 3-7 days. Fill out the form below to request a free consultation with our Education Director, Maria Soriano.
Bring Hook Arts Media Education to your School Today!
– Stringer, Scott. “State of the Arts: A Plan to Boost Arts Education in New York City Schools.” Office of the New York City Comptroller. April 2014.
– Catterall, James S. et al. “The Arts and Achievement in At-Risk Youth: Findings from Four Longitudinal Studies.” National Endowment for the Arts. March 2012.