Director of Finance and Operations
Hook Arts Media is seeking a Director of Finance and Operations to join our team. The position is full time and based in HAM’s Red Hook offices.
The Director of Finance and Operations will work closely with the Executive Director as a thought partner and will play a large role in organizational and financial decision making and strategic planning. As a lead member of the staff, the Director of Finance and Operations will ensure the organization has sound financial management and provide support to program staff.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain the organizational budget as well as individual program budgets
- Prepare and present financial reports for Board (including, but not limited to, cash flow statements, budget to actual reports, balance sheets, etc)
- Maintain Quickbooks (including, but not limited to, A/P, A/R, bank deposits, petty cash tracking, bill payment, bank & credit card monthly reconciliations, etc)
- Prepare and supervise annual audit
- Handle school billing: issue work orders, purchase orders, and invoices
- Payroll (ADP)
- Draft contracts for Teaching Artists and contractors
- Track all employee and contractor paperwork
- Maintain Workers’ Comp, Disability, and State Unemployment Insurance policies and claims
- Track vacation and sick days
- Track/order office and maintenance supplies and equipment
- Manage media inventory, including rental agreements and usage
- Work with IT consultants for any issues that arise
- Supervise and assist with office cleaning and organization as needed
- Maintain Development database
- Create budgets for all grant proposals and reports
- Tracking funding – manage funder status sheet and follow-up on all income.
- Prepare and track Thank You letters for individual donations.
- Assist with individual fundraising appeals
- Handle paperwork for government contracts and discretionary awards
- Assist with planning and production of public performance events, including the Red Hook Fest and Red Hook: Move It!
- Assist with planning and production of fundraising and cultivation events, including annual holiday party and/or gala
- Attend weekly staff meetings and provide status updates
- Handle communications and scheduling of meetings with Board of Directors, attend meetings and take notes
- Additional phone calling and emails to attend to daily management of the organization.
The position is available January 2nd, 2019.
Pay is commensurate with experience. Salary range is in the mid-60s to mid-70s. A contribution towards employee’s health insurance can be negotiated. Three weeks paid vacation and the week between Christmas and New Years off.
Candidate must be highly organized, have strong writing & communication skills, and have excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Excel) and QuickBooks. Strong preference for candidates with at least 5 years’ experience in a similar position.
To apply please email cover letter and a resume with at least 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please attach your paperwork with your name in the file name i.e Jane Doe_Resume.
About Hook Arts Media
Founded in 1994, Hook Arts Media is a vibrant community-based, multi-disciplinary arts organization located on the beautiful Red Hook, Brooklyn waterfront. HAM currently runs year-round arts education programs at high needs public high schools as well onsite and offsite after-school and community programs for ages 12-24, serving upwards of 700 students annually. In addition, HAM produces the annual Red Hook Fest each June – a free outdoor performing arts festival that features world-class artists as well performances by over 100 local youth – and Red Hook: Move It!, a fall performance event held in conjunction with Good Shepherd Services Thanksgiving Celebration.
Stay in Touch
Never miss an update about other openings and opportunities at Hook Arts Media. Subscribe to our email list to stay in the know.