Hook Arts Media is seeking experienced youth Program Manager for its Digital Connections/Film Fellows program.
Hook Arts Media Digital Connections program is a new workforce readiness program that will train four young adults from underserved NYC communities as media creators and educators. It is designed expressly for the purpose of eliminating barriers to employment and to establish a pipeline of low-income young adults with technical and academic skills for employment in the media industry. This new program will:
- Create a new advanced training program designed to train young people as media creators and educators.
- Build links between participants and employers in the media/tv/film and media education industries.
- Provide future positions within Hook Arts Media’s media education programs for program graduates.
- Provide additional training and mentorship in workforce readiness
- Work with Hook Arts Media (HAM) staff to design program curriculum
- Recruit and supervise up to 4 trainees through all phases of the program
- Collaborate with HAM Media Program Director to provide instruction on film production, facilitating media education classes and workforce readiness skills
- Handle all program logistics: scheduling, maintenance and tracking of all media equipment, reserving space/equipment as needed, scheduling trips and guests
- Reporting to HAM staff on program progress
- Manage and track program budget
- Seek job and/or internship placements for trainees
- Produce progress and final reports
The ideal candidate will have significant experience (3+ years) facilitating media curricula in public school settings and/or community-based media programs as well as experience as a Program Manager. Strong classroom management skills and facility with audio and video equipment is mandatory. Experience and proficiency editing video in Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere is preferred. Previous experience in workforce training preferred as well.
Pay is competitive with market rates. $12,000 +
Position is Part Time: July 2019- January 2020 with preliminary meetings taking place February – July 2019. July-August 20 hrs a week. September 2019-January 2020 10-19 hours per week.
To be considered, please send a resume with at least 2 references and cover letter to Maria@hookarts.org along with links to 2 media projects: you’re your own work and one completed by students in a program you taught.
About Hook Arts Media
Originally known as Dance Theatre Etcetera, DTE achieved national acclaim for making the arts a critical component of urban renewal as well as its recovery efforts in Red Hook, Brooklyn. As the organization evolved, DTE rebranded as Hook Arts Media. This new identity reflects its focus on creative learning for community change, incorporating 21st-century technology into its arts education programs.
Hook Arts Media’s in-school multidisciplinary media and arts programs primarily serve NYC transfer high schools. Its community programs focus on digital media and computer literacy, preparing young people with college and/or career-readiness skills.
Stay in Touch
Never miss an update about other openings and opportunities at Hook Arts Media. Subscribe to our email list to stay in the know.